Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Presentation Day!!!!!!!!!


Layout of presentation with other student's work.





Worked hard all morning mounting prints onto foam board and hanging prints. The final series is 5 A4 prints all in a row separated by about 50mm. I think they look good presented like this, better than I was thinking they would look when I imagined them. In the layout I have attempted to balance the colours throughout the series. There are 3 that are similar in colour and 2 odd so I had the 2 odd Images 2 and 4 in the series. I think this works well in the presentation because grouping the similar coloured images would have made the other two stick out too much.
The foam board mounting I think has worked well as it brings the images off the wall 6mm which contrasts the work to the white walls.
After many dramas in the last few days I am happy with the result and think the series works well and kind of works as a finished series. I think it is time for me to move on technically and I'm excited about delving into the technological online world of photography and experimenting with all these new crazy tools. Also In my holiday break I will catch up on some photography work that I have put off for a while and I will be travelling to Northland, Central Otago and Christcurch in the next 4 weeks. I am excited about taking lots of photos and I will try to keep my blog up to date.

No comments: