Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Deconstructing the Landscape


from this (+49 others)

to this

to this

to this


For a bit more conceptual development I have started to deconstruct the images I am creating. I have taken my image of Mitre Peak and Moeraki BOulders and turned them into negatives and then printed them onto mylar transparencies. Then I have taken them into the Darkroom and using the photographic chemical process made images onto resin coated paper. I scanned them onto photoshop and played around a bit more to get these pixelated black and white results. The pixels happen at various levels as some have happened in the original process of getting them off Google. Some have happened in the scanning and printing them onto transparencies. So there is a process of deconstruction, a loss of information in which we see a breakdown of the image which has originally come from either a Tourist, a promotional website, or whatever other reason these images have popped up in Google for the World to see.








See Scientific Explanation Below:

No comments: