Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wet Paint....



So had a slight change of plans today when I discovered the wall I'm using (which is in shitty condition) can't be painted because its some special paint and a different colour than 'site white'. Colin the painting technician suggested a row of 1200x2400mm MDF sheets at the height I want to put my prints. the fact that its only 1200 high will limit me to dislpaying my work 3 prints deep which I am happy with.
Heres an MDF sheet with a few mock pieces of paper. Just testing if the height is alright. This would solve the problem I had with those crappy strips of wood. It would stick out about 40mm off the wall and be quite a different shade of white but I think that would be cool and make good use of space, not just putting it up on a plain white wall. I will have to re-think the design layout a little bit but shouldn't have to change it too much.
So the strip would go right along the end end of the wall. Need to paint the sheets and cut a few to size.

Action shot by Viet Tieu





No comments: