Monday, May 18, 2009

More Old and New




D.A. De Maus 'Port Chalmers' Albumen print 1880's

My Image from same point of View. Digital SLR. 2009.

Both Images layered in Photoshop.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 New Zealand License.


Had a bit of trouble finding the spot, there's so much bush there now. I like the contrast of colour and black and white. It says a lot about time and technology. It was a fun exercise and I might continue doing more like this.



2 comments:

Rachel Gillies said...

Hey Jesse! I'm loving these...especially the old and new layers - i loved this one here, and the one in the post before is also great - but with a very different style - they both work - and I'm wondering if you can continue to do this experimenting with different styles, based on the suitability of the images?
anyway - great progress!

amandalikes said...

http://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/oneflag/entries/210_1.html

ok so that has little to no relevance to your artwork but the whole layering effect reminded me of this flag! copy and past that goodness into our web browser g unit.