Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Through the Looking Glass.

Over the Easter Break alot of road-tripping went down. We explored alot of the South Island and I made sure the camera was always by my side.
In the Van heading to the west coast we found ourselves gazing out of the windows at the sublime New Zealand Landscape. The windows were acting like a 360 degree film which was constantly changing.
I took some photos of the gazing that waz going on and thought it would be interesting to work with a few of these.
Above is the original image and below I have tweaked out the levels, causing the bright light coming through the windows and loss of detail in the faces. I have done some doodling in coloured pencils suggesting something happening outside the vessle that we can not decipher. Be it the stresses of everyday life or some fictional event going on it does not matter, we are merely watching through a screen, like we are at the Cinema.

No comments: