Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Following on from the first semester

In week 1 of semester 2 we were asked to come up with some work following on from where we finished before the holidays.


I decided I wanted to have a bit of fun and do some drawing. I got a projector, plugged it into the computer and projected onto the wall. With some paper pinned up I begun using my '50 google icons' images a single image at a time and drawing parts of each image. I drew a section of each of the 50 images in each drawing. It was interesting because I had no idea what they were going to come out like. First I did the Hole in the Rock and it came out like crap, just a mess. Next I tried to Boulders, but I drew 1 boulder from each image, nothing else. It came out ok, just a bunch of boulders. The 3rd I did was the Auckland Harbour Bridge, this time being a bit more careful with what I was selecting to draw.

Here's some documentation of the Bridge

So I was drawing the bridge shown now, where it is positioned, and then I would move on to the next.


Heres what the drawing came out like, quite cool I thought, considering I had no idea how it would turn out.

It shows a big confusion of man-made forms and quite a definite perspective which all draws towards the figure in the front.

Quite a fun exercise and good to do a bit of charcoal drawing, I need to do this more often.


Heres the other two, the Moeraki Boulders and the Hole in the Rock.




1 comment:

amandalikes said...

i like the little person on the moeraki drawing, and there is a footprint in the corner of one of them... tee hee. im trying to use a dslr and just realised i know nothing about photography. tear.